Hey guys! So today I found out that the blog Expressive Ponderings nominated me for the Liebster Award. For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Award is for new blogs with under 200 followers.
Because I was nominated, I have to follow a few rules:
1. Thank and link back to your nominator.
2. Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with 200 or fewer followers and link to them.
4. Draft 11 new questions for your nominees.
5. Notify your nominees via their blogs or social media.
These are the questions that Expressive Ponderings left for me:
1) What’s your favourite charity?
I really like Toys for Tots and the Salvation Army. They do good things for the community and I believe that everyone should have a great holiday season. I always try to contribute to these charities every Christmas.
2) What object holds the most sentimental value to you and why?
This one is hard to answer. I have a few items that I love dearly, but if I have to pick one, I would say that my battered paperback version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone has the most sentimental value. Even though I have hardcovers copies of the entire series, I still keep my Sorcerer’s Stone paperback. It is held together by tape and some of the pages are ripped because I read it so much. That little paperback was not only my introduction to the Wizarding World, it was my introduction to the world of storytelling and writing. I don’t read that copy anymore, but I display it proudly on my bookshelf. It definitely brings back memories.
3) You have one billion pounds or dollars or whatever currency you work in. You can’t spend any at all on yourself. What do you do with it?
I would give most of the money to my family, friends and charity.
4) If you could ask you future self one thing, what would it be?
I would ask my future self if I was happy with the choices I made in life.
5) If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
The piece of advice I would give to my younger self would be to relax. The things you want to achieve will happen. Sitting around worrying about them is not productive.
6) What are you most scared of?
I am terrified of bugs. Absolutely terrified. On a more serious note, I am afraid of losing the ones I love.
7) What talent or skill are you most proud of?
I am most proud of my writing talent. I enjoy telling stories. It’s what I want to do for the rest of my life.
8) What talent or skill that you don’t have would you most like to have?
I would love to be able to dance or sing. I mean I dance and sing in the car but I’m not very good.
9) If you had a year of no responsibilities what would you do with it?
I would write, and by books, and write, and by books and…I think you get the picture. Oh, and I would probably go to Disney World.
10) What fictional character do you wish was real?
I wish Harry, Ron and Hermione were real. In fact, in many ways, they do feel real to me.
11) What’s your dream holiday?
I would love a holiday that celebrates books. I suggested we make July 31st a national holiday to commemorate Harry Potter and J.K Rowling’s birthday.
Now here are the 11 questions I want to ask the nominees:
1) What was the first book you ever read?
2) What fictional world do you want to live in?
3) What is your idea of happiness?
4) What is the worse book you have ever read?
5) What is your favorite book to movie adaption?
6) What is your favorite season?
7) If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?
8) What is one thing you wish you could change about the world?
9) What is your favorite song at this moment?
10) What author would you like to meet?
11) What’s your favorite movie?
Thanks again to Expressive Ponderings for the nomination. Congrats everyone and good luck blogging!