Summer is nearly upon us and the change of season is reflected in book covers. For this week’s Top Five Wednesday topic, I will be counting down my favorite book covers that remind me of summer.
5. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
The golden color scheme instantly makes me think of the summer. It also helps that the book is set in San Francisco.
4. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Most of the covers of Gone With the Wind feature a golden or multi-colored sky and a booming plantation that evoke the romantic feeling of summer.
3. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
The ice cream. The shades. The title. What more can I say?
2. The Natural by Bernard Malamud
What goes better with summer than ice cream? Baseball of course! The quintessential baseball novel, The Natural takes place over of the summer, and the baseball on the cover makes me think of the hot season.
1. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
What is more summer-esque than Robinson Crusoe stranded on an island?